A Collaboration between Transition Bro Gwaun, Sea Trust and Theatr Gwaun
A Plastic Ocean
7pm Saturday 23rd September
A PLASTIC OCEAN begins when journalist Craig Leeson, searching for the elusive blue whale, discovers plastic waste in what should be pristine ocean. In this adventure documentary, Craig teams up with free diver Tanya Streeter and an international team of scientists and researchers, and they travel to twenty locations around the world over the next four years to explore the fragile state of our oceans, uncover alarming truths about plastic pollution, and reveal working solutions that can be put into immediate effect.
As always David Attenborough hit the nail on the head when he said. “This is without a doubt one of the most important films of our time and everyone needs to see it.”
Part of a Plastic Ocean Day in Fishguard & Goodwick. Other activities going on include:
- Fishguard library are doing story-time and making workshop 10:30-1pm
- Goodwick Beach Clean with Keep Wales Tidy and new presentation of a #twominutebeachcleaning board at Goodwick, 1-2pm
- Sea trust are organising workshops at Ocean Lab 2-4pm, booking advisable.
- School Presentations and Stalls for information from 5:30pm at Theatr Gwaun
- A Plastic Ocean Film Screening at 7pm
The events are all free.